Monday, March 06, 2006

Brief Update on the "Neil Young Project"

Big-time trouble with the whole blogger.com thing this morning (too many Oscar updates bogging down the system?)...

Too late for a full post now, but I will take a few seconds to say the following:

What started out as a brief email exchange with my brother and an old friend has really grown into quite a hobby. I had no idea "blogging" could be so much fun! My original idea was to listen to all my old Neil Young albums and write about the experience. In the process, I realized just how many things Neil had released since I had last been keeping track (1996's BROKEN ARROW). So, (much to my wife's dismay, I'm sure) I've ended up buying several items as well. And, then there was last week's diversion into "creative outbursts", which I found to be a lot of fun.

Anyway, basic plans for the coming days include wrapping up the Neil album-by-album reviews. Unfortunately (?), I have not located a reasonably-priced copy of JOURNEY THROUGH THE PAST (1972). I suppose I could listen to the song "Soldier" on DECADE, and then pretend I'd heard the rest of the album. Hell, with that type of "journalistic integrity", I could be offered a job at any number of mainstream media outlets. But, alas, I'll just have to skip it.

So, what's left? 1 live album: ROAD ROCK V.1 (2000), 2 compilations: LUCKY THIRTEEN (1993) and DECADE (1977), and 4 studio classics: EVERYBODY KNOWS THIS IS NOWHERE (1969), AFTER THE GOLD RUSH (1970), TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT (1975), ZUMA (1975). Should be some fun posting...I know it's going to be some excellent listening!

PS - My wife rented a couple of Oscar-type movies this weekend. North Country was good, especially if you like to get yourself pissed off about injustices. Charlize Theron and Frances McDormand were both very, very good. Walk The Line was totally out of this world! Both leads were AMAZING, including doing their own EXCELLENT musical performances! So, congrats to Reese Witherspoon...she was very deserving. I told my wife that by showing me that movie she was more-or-less inviting me to take a deep dive into the music of Johnny Cash. She just rolled her eyes...

1 Comments:

Blogger thrasher said...

Hey HH,

Just wanted to let you know that your site is the Link of The Moment.

Great reviews!
KORITFW!
Thrasher
http://www.thrasherswheat.org/wheatfield.html

8:19 PM, March 06, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home