Friday, September 22, 2006

'Cause It's Friday. You Ain't Got No Job. And You Ain't Got Sh*t To Do

Actually, I am at work, of course. That's just how my life goes these days. Far be it from me to complain.

I don't want to reveal any confidences, but...Hypothetically, a hypothetical almost-13-year-old girl that hypothetically might live in my house received a note in her locker from a boy wanting to sit next to her at lunch. Now, is that 7th Grade, or is that 7th Grade?!! Congrats to her. That is the absolute essence of a 7th Grade social life. I'm happy for her...hypothetically.

[Note: check back over the next two years for stories of me having to take a ball bat to the cabezas (and/or cojones) of would be suitors...the freakin' bastards...]

Emily is undergoing another round of teething (looks like 2 more are almost through), so last night was really a restless one.

I heard "Tuesday Afternoon" on the radio the other day (Tuesday, coincidentally enough...cough, cough). Diagnosis: Moody Blues...still sound pretentious as hell after all these years. (See, Rob, I didn't use "overproduced.")

By the way, I'm looking for a school photo of mine to scan in for this wacky October 1st thing I keep reading about. (I know it should be "about which I keep reading" -- sue me.)

Have a great day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

"I keep reading about" is perfectly acceptable. In today's grammar world, 'tis better to write as you speak than to sound all high-fallutin'.

I'm so excited about the hypothetical seventh grader. I wish someone would slip me a similar note.

The overproduced (see, Rob, I stand up for the Haahnster) Justin Hayward once held my hand for 30 minutes as he did an interview on our college radio station. I think he wanted to "Tuesday Afternoon" me.

And I can't WAIT to see your school pix.

8:46 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Awwww-Do you like me check yes or no type of thing?

9:29 AM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Winston Churchill on ending sentences with prepositions: "That is the type of errant pedantry up with which I will not put."

Beth, Beth, Beth. Lots of songs are made great by great production--"Good Vibrations" by the Beach Boys or "SexyBack" by Justin Timberlake, say. The studio is an instrument and can be used well or badly. That's my take, anyway, it's not so controversial, is it?

And the Moody Blues! What a hilarious, ridiculous group...to think some people once took them seriously boggles the mind. Haahnster's favorite Moody Blues quote, as I recall (and it is a doozy): "New mother picks up and suckles her son/ Senior citizens wish they were young."

4:40 PM, September 22, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Knights In White Satin" kicks ass, though...










...not really...







why the hell do I like that song? I don't even like the Moody Blues.

7:44 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

The Moody Blues produced one of my "life quotes" from their concept album "On The Threshhold Of A Dream".

"I think, I think I am, therefore I am, I think".......

But yea, most of their stuff was overproduced shit.

10:00 AM, September 23, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Doody heads!

6:22 PM, September 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home