Thursday, June 14, 2007

OK, So I've Been Keeping A Secret...

My wife gave birth to our first baby boy on Monday, June 11, 2007 at 8:04 AM...8 pounds, 6 ounces of pure joy. He ROCKS!!! Mother and son are both recuperating quite nicely.

In other news, I'm changing jobs (within the same company), and thus have been struggling to wrap things up (part of that "orderly transition" that is always talked about, yet never happens) in my old spot. Upside of new job: almost no travel. Downside: looooong hours, particularly at quarter-ends (oops--here comes the end of the second quarter).

I fear I'm growing ever more prone to rash decisions. Latest example: I heard a couple songs by The Doors on FM radio a couple weeks ago, and realized I hadn't listened to my old Doors LPs in years. Now, I'm looking at a 6 CD/6 DVD boxed set on Amazon.com for $135--no f*cking way I'm pulling the trigger on that, right?!!!? I'm not a big enough Doors fan for that, am I?!?

We'll see...

Labels:

10 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Congrats again, bro. But I must advise against spending your hard-earned $$ on a Doors box set. I mean I know Jim Morrison is an American Poet and everything, but... Isn't there an Ice Cube box set or some deluxe reissued Public Enemy editions for you to throw your money away on...?

11:41 AM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger KK said...

That's a lot cheaper than the Po-lice tickets I've got for later this month!

Congrats on the rug rat!

4:21 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger mat said...

The little Haahnster has finally arrived? Glad to hear mom and baby are doing well. Name?? Wait on the Doors thing. You should be able to get it at the used shop for half that price by the end of summer.

4:57 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

Oh. My. GAWD!!!!!!!!! How could you keep something this big a secret???? I'm so thrilled about Li'l Haahnster.

And I'm thrilled you're changing positions, too. Does this mean less travel, Daddio?

Oh, and The Doors suck.

5:07 PM, June 14, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and welcome to Haahnster Jr.! How's Emily like being a big sister?

(...and The Doors most definitely had their appeal. Too bad Ms. Coffey doesn't agree!)

7:43 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

Have you named him Peter B. Haahnster?

11:29 PM, June 14, 2007  
Blogger bulletholes said...

CONGRATS PAPA!!! No name yet?
Just so happens my Mothers B-Day is June 11th...her name was Doris Lynndell...
"No one remembers your name...when you're Strange"

11:59 AM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Jeremy said...

Congratulations, buddy! ROCKS is a strange name, though.

8:46 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

Good gravy, man! Congrats, you fertile, turtle!

11:20 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger Dale said...

Congrats Haahnster.

7:59 PM, June 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home