Thursday, March 16, 2006

March Madness Is Upon Us

What a jackass Billy Packer is! And, man, did I like it sooo much better when ESPN used to have the 1st two rounds. But, that said, this is still my favorite sporting event of the year, the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament (aka "March Madness").

So far, I'm 3 for 3. I had Wichita State, UW-Milwaukee, and Boston College all winning. Double-OT for B.C. though...close call!!! My alma mater (Illinois) plays Air Force tonight. A.F. is almost universally believed to be undeserving of even being in the tournament. That usually means only one thing: WATCH OUT!!! (I remember one year when I was in high school, Illinois was upset by Austin Peay...I'm still not sure who the hell they are!)

Watch out for SIU over West VA, Utah St over Washington, and Montana over Nevada. Remember, as you'll hear repeatedly, no #16 has EVER beaten a #1...watch Oral Roberts. I didn't have the guts to pick them. Just have an odd feeling about Memphis (they'll probably win by 50 since I wrote that).

PS - Winthrop is giving Tennessee all they want and more so far (1st half)...I LOVE IT!!!! (I picked Tennessee, but have them losing in the 2nd round to Wichita St. So, I really wouldn't mind seeing the upset. I've mentioned Illinois enough that you should know I HATE Bruce Pearl!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home