Saturday, June 10, 2006

Brief Addition To The 2 Most Recent Reviews

I almost forgot our pals at Rolling Stone. Just in case you're keeping score at home, The Band's Music From Big Pink grabbed the #34 spot on the "Top 500 Albums" list by RS. Impressive showing, and I won't argue with it.

Van Morrison's His Band And The Street Choir failed to make the list. This exposes yet another oddity/inconsistency with these types of lists, in my opinion. I.e., Astral Weeks was #19; Moondance was #65; but, apparently, every other Van Morrison album pales miserably in comparison to these two (according to RS). So much so, in fact, that NONE of his other albums place in the Top 500. I submit to you that this does not appear reasonable on its surface. In any event, I think they could've found a spot for His Band And The Street Choir.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home