Thursday, November 02, 2006

Irrationality, Or Fear And Loathing On The Sh*tter

Have you ever had an irrational fear? It could be a legitimate phobia, but not necessarily. Perhaps you were just overcome suddenly by an unexplained sense of dread, and you had no idea why.

Well, I had one of those moments this morning while seated on the toilet to take a shit. (You can thank me for the mental image later.) Out of nowhere, I had a very real sense that a snake was about to emerge from the plumbing and viciously plunge its sharp fangs into my dirty anus (scene pictured above, with the mouse playing the part of my anus).

Now, I have no explanation for this. But, it's got me thinking. Perhaps it's a Freudian thing...Mother, help me? Or, maybe I'm just suddenly fearful of being sent to prison and anally violated. "W" likely would say it's a statement about 'activist courts' in New Jersey. Who knows?

By the way, how politically inept is John Kerry? I mean, under what logical scenario on this earth would "W" attempt to have credibility on either 1) military service or 2) education/intelligence? Yet, Kerry seems to have opened the door. Jeeez-uss. You have to hand it to that Karl Rove. He has a real knack for turning what should be a strength of an opponent into a weakness.

Well, I'm happy to report that I was able to finish my defecation without further incident. Peace to you all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I am irrationally afraid of rats. I once read inour local paper about a woman who started her morning as you did ... to find rats in her toilet bowl. I've never sat down since without a long look. No rat bites on the Cup's a**.

Kerry pissed me off. At a dinner party last night, our host discussed what a bully Dubya is; I now agree. Hate the Rove.

Hope your next visit to the throne is less stressful.

10:37 AM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

So is this toilet talk? A sort of bain du yfi?

Just as a heads up, your snake fear is not unfounded. Reptiles have been known to pop up in a toilet or two.

A good ferrett will take care of that!

12:11 PM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

I've now got to "go" but am afraid.

Thanks Haahnster.

1:18 PM, November 02, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

I can't even read about this kind of shit.

4:04 PM, November 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home