Monday, July 09, 2007

The Strangest Thing...

Something strange happened this morning: I fainted in the shower. I mean, blacked out completely, and woke up thinking I was peeing down my own leg. But, of course, it was actually the shower water cascading down upon me. My left knee is pretty sore, must've taken the brunt of the impact. Weird stuff...

So, when I got to work, I looked up what causes fainting. I'm not on any blood pressure medications (though I probably should be), and I really don't like the idea that I might have diabetes or Parkinson's. I'd also hate to think it was a brain stroke.

So, I'll go with dehydration. That seems like the most easily acceptable cause. Plus, I was outside a lot yesterday, and it was really freakin' hot. Good, no need to change anything but up the water intake a bit. Done.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Dude, you better go to the doctor.

2:01 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Moderator said...

That's scary. I'd see a doctor.

2:37 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

PLEASE go to the doctor. You could be pregnant.

2:51 PM, July 09, 2007  
Blogger KK said...

Normally, it's best to faint when surrounding by naked dancing girls - but if you want to do it in the shower, who am I to argue?

Go to the DOCTOR!

2:34 PM, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Dale said...

If only you'd had a little drink of the shower. Sounds horrible. Every now and then I get blood pressure shifts that nearly cause me to faint. It's always fun.

11:18 AM, July 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home