Sunday, July 23, 2006

And It's A Hard, And It's A Hard, And It's A Hard Raaaaaain's A Gonna Fall...

Friday night's downpour led directly to Saturday's pulling up of the basement carpet, removal of saturated-with-floodwater padding (aka "cushion"), and Shop-Vac'ing of standing water. With fan & dehumidifier running o'ernight, this morning saw the spreading back out of the wet (but hopefully salvageable) carpet. Now, more fan & dehumidifier while I'm in the office. Then, this evening should be the roll-the-newly-re-dried-carpet-back-up-and-mop-the-cement-underneath-with-bleach-water stage. This will be followed by more fan & dehumidifier, and ultimately by installation of replacement padding prior to getting the carpet all the way back in place. Oh, and then comes a good shampooing of the carpet. And, then, back to our flood-free existence (knock on wood) without developing any mold.

Back to work for me. Back to happier blogging for you, oh my lovelies...

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Haahnster, you know how to live. But why are you at the office on Sunday?

10:44 AM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

That's horrible and I lived through it a few times at my old place. I bought a place on stilts and now? Seems fine.

1:51 PM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

You have my sympathies, I still have a hole in my bedroom's ceiling the size of a small Virginia ham, from past leaks.

2:56 PM, July 23, 2006  
Blogger JM said...

Home ownership, nothing quite like it. Makes you want to rent forever.

8:36 PM, July 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home