Monday, August 28, 2006

Haahnster's Review Of The Emmys

Have I ever shared with you the extent to which I loathe awards shows? "Look at me. I'm so spectacular. My work is so important." Blah blah fucking blah.

Whatever.

Fortunately for you, I cannot review last night's Emmys, as I did not see them. I spent my evening traveling. The highlight was looking at a screen in O'Hare and watching my flight change from a 90-minute delay at gate C2 back to "On Time" at gate F2. For those unfamiliar with the internal geography of O'Hare, let's just say C2 and F2 are not exactly "neighbors."

United is on my shit list now, too.

9 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Yes, knowing O'Hare as I do that's a nice little hike. Are you home now?

9:51 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

No, back on the road. I did get Saturday & most of Sunday with the family, though.

:-)

11:06 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Dammit, I'm sorry you're back on the road. Where are you this week?

I hate the Emmys, but I had them on last night while doing other things so that I could watch Mr. Colbert. And he didn't disappoint.

11:42 AM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

At least you put on a nice dress and put your hair up Haahnster.

Colbert was hilarious and I like Conan so I watched most of it while puttering around too.

8:29 PM, August 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Didn't watch the Emmys either (even with Conan - was a little tempted...)
I cannot even imagine trying to get from C2 to F2 in a hurry - don't you have to go though that underground neon lighted tunnel with the people movers in it to do that?

9:01 PM, August 28, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: I appreciate the sympathy. Thanks. I'm back in Mississippi for some follow-up work.

Dale: You're so sweet to notice.

Glassmeow: Yes, "that underground neon lighted tunnel with the people movers" is EXACTLY what you have to go through. There's a shuttle from C2 to E2, which gets you close to F2. However, it only holds 17 people at a time, and the lines was easily more than 50 people long. So, no dice on the shuttle. Exercise is good, though.

10:03 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

H-try some fried green tomatoes if you aren't totally lubed by now.

11:17 AM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

And you'll have Waffle House nearby!

12:32 PM, August 29, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

Nice and warm in my neck of the woods, ain't it?

2:17 PM, August 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home