Friday, June 15, 2007

A Couple Of Updates

OH, shit. "My bad" (in the parlance of our times). First, the baby boy's name is Zachary. Or, Zach. Or, Z-Man. Or, Little Z, etc. (which is not to say that "Peter Buck" wouldn't have been a great idea, too).

Second, there was a happy ending regarding The Doors boxed set urge. I didn't order it for $136. Instead, I checked my email, and saw a 1-day only 40% off coupon for Borders for today (June 15). It was in-store only, so I headed there. They had a Nuggets boxed set from Rhino, which is 4 CDs of mid-'60s garage band classics, complete with 100-page booklet. It lists for $59.99, so was $36 with my coupon. This not only seemed reasonable for more than 100 incredible songs by such wonderful bands as Count Five, The Standells, Music Machine, and soooo many more, but was also $100 LESS than I would've spent on that Doors thing. Fucking sweet. MUCH more on the Nuggets box to come, I'm quite certain.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

You will LOVE the Nuggets box set. Unlike that lame-ass Doors box set, it's filled with fabulous tunes.

Zachary the Haahnsterette, huh? Good ring to it. Peter Buck would have been better ... but this one works quite well. Will we see photos soon?

7:05 PM, June 15, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Oh, most definitely I will LOVE the Nuggets. I have most, if not quite all, of the songs on vinyl already. But, they're scattered across so many LPs and 45s that it would be cost prohibitive to replace them on CD in any other way than this boxed set.

Now, your utter disdain for The Doors might be worth revisiting. I've always tended to think them a bit overrated and a TON overhyped (those are slightly different things, IMHO). And, I gave up on the ridiculous notion of Jim Morrison as some sort of rock poet laureate loooong before Val Kilmer recreated him in that Ollie Stone flick. But, all that said, I still like quite a few of their songs.

Mr. Mojo Risin'...

9:40 AM, June 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home