Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Randomly Quoting SHAKEY, Take 2

"People write in magazines that I make different kinds of records just to draw attention to myself. If I ever saw the little wimps that were saying that, then I'm sure that I'd have to fucking kill them...There's many better ways to draw attention to myself. I could kill music critics if I wanted to...I could burn down Geffen Records...I could burn myself down in public if I wanted to--that would get a lot of attention, right?

It's a very stupid thing to assume that I'm making different kinds of music to draw attention to myself. I made Trans because I wanted to. I did the Shocking Pinks and the International Harvesters because I wanted to, and I'm doing the Bluenotes beacuse I want to, and if you don't like that shit, fine. What are these guys saying? That the cool thing is just to do the same thing over and over again and not be a weirdo? Because if Neil Young did do the same thing over and over and over again and wasn't a weirdo, then these guys would be going, 'Oh, Neil Young, he's so boring, coming out with the same thing over and over and over again.' You can't win. You know, one week I'm a jerk, and the next week I'm a genius. So, how can I take these fucking music critics seriously? Let the people decide."

-- Interview with Tom Hibbert, 1988 (as quoted in Shakey)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger KK said...

Long Live The King!

9:06 AM, July 25, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

He's godlike, he's so kewl.

9:27 AM, July 25, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home