Sunday, October 21, 2007

Amos, Elvis, Dylan & I

...still recovering from last night's festivities...not very coherent yet, but...

Amos Lee - I didn't know ANYTHING about this guy, and I can't say I've really formed an opinion...no major impression made either way. (Apologies to his fans)

Elvis Costello - Solo appearance...acoustic guitar, but highly amplified and with amazingly cool distortion effects, incredible voice...WONDERFUL

Zimmy himself - with (excellent) band...started off with Rainy Day Women (...everybody must get stoned...) on guitar. Yes, I said Bob on guitar...more specifically, on electric guitar...more specifically still, on lead (pronounced "leed"), electric guitar!!! HUGELY surprising based on recent show descriptions I've read. By song #4 (a fantastic rendition of "Tangled Up In Blue"), Bob had moved to the keyboard, and broken out the harmonica.

EXCELLENT!!!!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

So glad you went! Dylan played guitar the first four or five songs on our show, too. Can't wait to read more once your feet have touched earth again.

6:39 PM, October 21, 2007  
Blogger Dale said...

Sounds like a great show. I like Amos Lee but I'm not sure how lively he'd be in concert. Elvis must have been phenomenal. I'm not much of a Dylan guy but I'm glad he put out for you.

7:59 AM, October 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home