Thursday, July 06, 2006

"Let's Drink To F*ckin'!!!"

Sorry, but I need to get this one out of my system. Warning: major f-bomb alert!!!

As I believe I have mentioned on this very blog in an earlier post, I recently received the Blue Velvet DVD that I had ordered from BestBuy.com. I had a chance to watch it on Monday of this week. What an amazing portrait of a truly sinister and psychotic individual: "Frank Booth". This one's from memory, so might be a few words off, but here it goes: "I'll send you a love letter straight from my heart, fucker. You know what a love letter is? It's a bullet from a fuckin' gun, fucker. You get a love letter from me, and you're fucked forever!"

Other favorite Frank lines:
  • "Suave, goddam, you are one suave fucker."
  • "I'll fuck anything that moves!!!"
  • "Shit, man, how the shit are ya?"
  • "I'm good. I'm real fuckin' good."
  • "You're outta the car, fuck!"
  • "Heineken?! Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!!!"
  • "No, I want you to fuck it! Shit, yes, Raymond, pour the fuckin' beer!"

Now, I still give the nod to R. Lee Ermey's drill sgt character in Full Metal Jacket for best weaving of profane tapestries in movie history. But, Dennis Hopper's Frank Booth deserves special mention for his consistent and heavy reliance on the good, old-fashioned f-bomb.

Thanks. I feel better already!

12 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I love Blue Velvet. It took about five viewings before I discovered just how funny it is, too. Hadn't seen it in years, and caught the last half on cable about six months ago. David Lynch is so weird; I'd love to sit across from him at a dinner table, just to hear what his type of casual conversation is like.

5:14 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

There was an old rumor floating around back in the late '80s...not sure if it's true, but...

Rumor was that David Lynch and Peter Wolf (lead singer from the J.Geil's Band--remember them?) used to be college roommates. And, David Lynch said Peter Wolf was *way* too bizarre to hang out with.

I always thought that was interesting.

6:11 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Bill said...

I take it you liked the movie, I've never been a big Lynch fan but all the same I think that Blue Velvet is definitely one of his better movies.

7:40 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Oh, yes, I like Blue Velvet. I had been looking for it on DVD for quite some time.

Unlike albums, which I am usually comfortable reviewing in great detail, my posts on films are limited in number, and usually brief. In this case, I just wanted to celebrate "Frank" and his unbridled enthusiasm for the f-word!

8:44 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

For better F-Bomb material, everyone must bow down to Jay and Silent Bob. Their adventure even includes the "F-Song".

What a great noun/adjective/verb.

8:45 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Once again, excellent call...

I should watch Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back this weekend: F*ck, f*ck, f*ck/Mother-mother-f*ck/Mother-mother-f*ck f*ck/Mother f*ck, mother f*ck...

I'm getting a bit excited about Clerks II, as well!

8:50 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

I'm excited about Clerks II, too! Have you ever read Kevin Smith's blog?

9:38 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Kevin Smith has a blog?!!!

I'll have to look for it.

9:43 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

check out moviepoopshoot.com

10:33 AM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

I remember a friend of mine and I caught this on video (I doubt it ever played in the theaters in the suburb I was exiled to) and having no preconceived notions of what to expect, we were completely blown away.

To crack each other up for the next five years, we would just spout the Frankisms "Want go for a ride neighbor?" and "Want to go for a ride, prettyboy?"

By the way, that says volumes about Peter Wolf.

3:23 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

"A ride...what a good idea!!!!"

"We're takin' neighbor for a joyride in the f*ckin' country!"

5:00 PM, July 07, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Mat: Too true. Pulp Fiction is a prime example. And, Samuel L Jackson makes profanity sound *good*, too!!! Very smooth!

"Sewer rat might taste like pumpkin pie. But, I'll never know, 'cause I'd never eat the filthy motherf*cker!!!"

5:41 PM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home