Thursday, June 29, 2006

Live From New York, It's Saturday Night!!!

I have to tell you, I've been listening to REM's Green CD all week. I'll bet it's been more than 10 years since I had last listened. I'm way, way back into it. Emily loves it, too. She "dances" (a sort of side-to-side bobbing), which is too hilarious/cute to describe with words. No time to write up a full post on Green now. Instead, here's a quickie on SNL:

Haahnster's Top 25 SNL cast members (in alphabetical order):

Dan Aykroyd
John Belushi
Dana Carvey
Chevy Chase
Billy Crystal
Jane Curtin
Chris Farley
Will Ferrell
Darrell Hammond
Phil Hartman
Jan Hooks
Jon Lovitz
Dennis Miller
Garrett Morris
Eddie Murphy
Bill Murray
Mike Myers
Kevin Nealon
Laraine Newman
Joe Piscopo
Gilda Radner
Adam Sandler
Rob Schneider
Martin Short
David Spade

Honorable Mention: Jim Belushi, Brian Doyle-Murray, Robin Duke, Nora Dunn, Mary Gross, Victoria Jackson, Tim Kazurinsky, Norm MacDonald, Tim Meadows, Tracy Morgan, Chris Rock, Molly Shannon, Julia Sweeney

Cast members of note who just didn't accumulate enough memorable screen-time on SNL: Chris Elliott, Janeane Garofalo, Gilbert Gottfried, Christopher Guest, Anthony Michael Hall, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael McKean, Laurie Metcalf, Jay Mohr, Harry Shearer, Ben Stiller, Damon Wayans

Special Award for tremendous contributions, but always as a writer and/or "featured player": Al Franken

Two guys whom I only mention to remind you that I'm not honoring their SNL tenure in ANY way, shape, or form: Jimmy Fallon, Chris Kattan

Here's a link to a cool SNL Archives site I wasted a couple of hours on the other day, drafting this post. NOTE: To trim the Top 25 to a Top 20 (which I really wouldn't want to do), remove Hooks, Morris, Newman, Schneider and Spade.

4 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

Jane, you ignorant slut

10:56 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

A classic to be sure.

11:00 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

What's your favorite Green track at the moment (I, of course, skipped the rest of your post for now and had to dive into the R.E.M. discussion). "Turn You Inside-out" is my favorite -- it's sexy, it rocks, it's sexy (yes, that's twice, but it's just damn sexy). "Get Up" brings back a great memory of Simeon and me wandering around Liverpool singing it to the top of our lungs. Anyway, interested in your Green ruminations ...

11:18 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

I'm planning on writing up GREEN soon. I'm just loving how much I'm getting back into it. I'd really forgotten how excellent it is. "Turn You Inside Out" is an incredible track. I am actually heavily into every song on the disc. But, the trio of "Orange Crush", "Turn You Inside Out" and "Hairshirt" is an especially sweet combo. I recall listening to those 3-in-a-row back in college, when pressed for time.

12:58 PM, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home