Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What's The Frequency, Kenneth?

Speaking of R.E.M., the man who was once famously attacked in NYC by two crazy men demanding to know the frequency being used to broadcast messages into at least one of their heads ("Kenneth, what's the frequency?") has unceremoniously left his employer of 44 years. Yep, that's right, Dan Rather, who previously stepped down from the Evening News anchor chair, is out the door for good.

I think I'll blast "What's The Frequency, Kenneth?" a few times tonight in his "honor".

4 Comments:

Blogger JM said...

I do not like Rather but the guy got screwed in the end. Crappy network.

3:12 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

I hope you caught the Letterman show when Rather sang "What's the Frequency, Kenneth?" with R.E.M. If not, I have it somewhere ...

7:28 PM, June 21, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

I heard something about that appearance, but I never saw it.

Even a total ass-hat like Rather can have some sense of humor!

5:52 AM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

Dan Rather is a classic Texican. The Letterman appearance was wonderful as I recall.

But speaking of the frequency, Kenneth, you did such a good job on REM that I would like to request another mission for you.

Ready?

Counting Crows - August and Everything After.

Good luck......

4:37 PM, June 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home