Sunday, September 03, 2006

F*ck This Becker Kid

Farewell, Andre Agassi.

As a fellow 36-year-old, I feel your pain. Shit, I can't even stay awake as late as I used to as a younger man. I cannot begin to imagine attempting to play competitive tennis against opponents 10-15 years younger.

PS - To the biological offspring of Andre Agassi and Stefi Graf, don't even think about picking up a tennis racket. The expectations will crush you. Guaranteed. To quote the old H&O song, "You can rely on the old man's money..." Do something else you enjoy. Trust me.

3 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

I feel sorry for any child Graf will raise. Agassi may be that child's only comic relief and comfort.

4:11 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

That's what I dig about you, Haahnster. You're just like me in that you know songs that came out when you were knee-high to a grasshopper.

I hope the Aga-Graff kid won't wind up like Pete Rose's, still trying to live up to legend of the parent(s). It would be even worse for her because tennis players were chronologically second, just behind film kids, in terms of having their childhoods taken away and being forced to into being the family breadwinners.

4:41 PM, September 03, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

I was in the mountains and missed the match, but several friends e-mailed me about how moving it was.

6:08 AM, September 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home