Thursday, November 09, 2006

I'm Going Home

Another great meal tonight (lasagna at Garibaldi's in the "five points" area of Columbia), and a bit of record shopping at a pretty cool place called "Papa Jazz Record Shoppe" made for a decent evening. I scored the most blatant Neil Young b**tleg I've ever seen, a CD with both American Stars 'n Bars and Re.Ac.Tor on it (blurry cover art, absolutely no mention of Reprise Records--or any other record company for that matter) for $8.00! Sweet! 2 albums I only have on vinyl have now been upgraded to CD, assuming it plays as well at high volume as it sounds on my laptop ("Got mashed potatoes/Ain't got no t-bone").

Also purchased were
  • R.E.M. - Out of Time (another one I only had on vinyl before) for $6.00
  • Bob Dylan - Modern Times (didn't have it yet) for $8.00
  • AC/DC - Back In Black: A Classic Album Under Review [DVD] for $9.00
  • R.E.M. - Perfect Square (Live) [DVD] for $8.00

Yes, that's a bit over $40. I didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to myself...

So, tomorrow I return home to Shelly, Alexis, and Emily (pictured above). Hugs and kisses should ensue. I'll be quite disappointed (to say the least) if not.

So long, South Carolina. You were OK by me.

Waffle House in the morning. Yeah, baby.

Oh, and fuck Ken Mehlman.

10 Comments:

Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

She looks like she's contemplating something deep!

"I think, therefore...oh, how can I ponder the mysteries of the Universe with a full diaper?"

12:17 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

WP: You might be on to something there. She seems to be a deep thinker, and she's definitely a diaper filler.

6:11 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Damn good score at the record store, Haahnster. The Five Points area of Columbia is pretty cool, isn't it?

Oh, and fuck Ken Mehlman.

6:25 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: I sure thought so.

10:09 AM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

BTW, please let me have Emily for a month. I'm in love with those adorable cheeks.

1:15 PM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Hey and I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on Modern Times...

5:28 PM, November 10, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Yeah, what you said!

7:12 PM, November 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch for "Live at the Fillmore East" from Neil Young, next week. It includes some live recordings from Neil and Crazy Horse from a 2 night stand in March 1970. ..title sounds familiar..has been used before?

8:15 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: I need some quality time with her again first!

Rob: I'm anxious to listen to it, but currently in the midst of a CD-trading frenzy. I'm sure I'll write it up soon, though.

OL: I'm always glad to have some general agreement.

Holly C: It's pre-ordered. Of course, I'm pretty sure I've already got the bootleg version from the soundboard on March 6, 1970. If some of these are from March 7, 1970, then it could be a bit different. In any event, I'm sure the "official-release quality" will give it an extra punch. These versions of "Down By The River" and "Cowgirl In The Sand" are f*cking mind-numbingly amazing!!! Oh, and yes, there are tons of musical acts that have released "Live At The Fillmore East" albums, because the owner/promoter taped everything!!! Jimi Hendrix and the Band of Gypsys was a pretty good example.

11:47 AM, November 11, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"She seems to be a deep thinker, and she's definitely a diaper filler."

They're not all deep thinkers, but they're all all diaper fillers when you have to change diapers. You know you've got something good, parent-wise, when they seem to mull things over at that age.

12:18 AM, November 12, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home