Thursday, April 05, 2007

Damn, I'd Forgotten How Good This Was

My main CD trading partner sent me the following recently:
"The new Remaster is Ready for You!!It's called Four Doors Of The Voodoo Lounge And it's a Killer!!!!!!I've always liked the album but felt that there was something awry with it. It just sounded like alot of good songs just thrown together with no real 'flow' to it.....But that's all changed now!!!!!! The concept of 'Four Doors' came to me...
Behind door number one: 1) Love Is Strong 2) You Got Me Rocking 3) The Worst 4) Out Of Tears
Door Number Two: 5) New Faces 6) Moon Is Up 7) Baby Break It Down 8) Thru and Thru
Door Number Three: 9) Blinded By Rainbows 10) Brand New Car 11) Sweethearts Together 12) I Go Wild
Door Four: 13) Sparks Will Fly 14) Suck On The Jugular 15) Mean Disposition
Extra Tracks:16) Out Of Tears (alternate take) 17) You Got Away With Murder (un realized song idea... Absolutely Riveting imho!!!) 18) You Got Me Rockin (Live from 'The Voodoo Kiss' bootleg recorded at New Orleans 10/10/94). The quality's not the best recording but the 'ambience'of the venue just makes this a very 'live' track..."
What's my point in posting all this? Simply, I had forgotten just how great the songs on Voodoo Lounge really are. Do the Stones expand their musical horizons into uncharted territory here? No. But, so the fuck what? They rock. Always have. Always will. Voodoo Lounge is just further proof of that. As to all the song order stuff...maybe. But, the fact remains: these are great rock songs. "Love Is Strong"..."You Got Me Rocking"...Mellower numbers such as "Out Of Tears" and the slightly retro-trippy "Blinded By Rainbows"...more rockers: "I Go Wild" and "Sparks Will Fly"...solid stuff.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

My Rolling Stones collection stops when Ron Wood entered the band. Perhaps I should give these a spin.

5:41 PM, April 05, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Grant: Woody's alright. You should certainly try Some Girls and Tattoo You, and then, eventually, Voodoo Lounge.

12:20 AM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

Huh. My Stones collection stops at Steel Wheels. Should I venture into 1994?

3:48 PM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: Do it!

3:54 PM, April 06, 2007  
Blogger KK said...

I think I have every Stones album except this one. I'll go check it out on your royal recommendation!

8:15 AM, April 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home