Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Update: Emily Just Called

Situation: I'm in the office, eating lunch at my desk. The time is 11:45 AM (Central). My telephone rings. I answer, "This is..." I go no further, because I can hear Emily jabbering on the other end of the line. Plus, the caller ID on my work phone already has displayed my home number as the source of the call. After a few seconds, I say, "Hello?" (Just to make sure no one else is on a different phone in the house.) Nothing but jabbering.

So, I put it on speaker phone. This way, I can continue to hear the jabbering, while getting back to work. Bad idea. Emily decides it's time to dial again, and pushes some buttons. Nothing like the piercingly shrill sound of touch tone dialing being blared through a speakerphone. I picked back up, just as Emily was disconnecting the call.

I believe this is the 3rd time Emily has called since the beginning of July, when she really became fascinated with the phone. She will grab any phone at any opportunity (patterned after her mother's behavior?). Every once in a while, the 1st button she hits is "Redial." Sometimes, that means my number is called. Those are good times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Mind giving Emily my number? I could use some more entertaining calls during the work day. I'll send her a biz card for that cute purse.

12:26 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Marni said...

If the kids leave me a voicemail I will save it for months just so I can go back and listen to it over and over...

1:44 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

That is great. I especially like her uncanny ability to mash keys at just the right moment for maximum ear-splitting effect...

3:55 PM, August 02, 2006  
Blogger KLee said...

Hey, you could get far WORSE calls at work. Even if it's just jabber, it still makes your heart leap and brings a smile to your face. No, don't bother to deny it! We have hidden cameras all OVER your work area. :)

8:03 PM, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home