Friday, July 28, 2006

Two Final Guilty Pleasures

So, it's Friday of Guilty Pleasures week, and I think it's an open forum. Well, what better "guilty pleasure" than eating something that tastes good, but is horrible nutritionally?!

Look at those doughnuts being made. Mmmmmm. Each Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut has 200 calories, a full 50% of which are from its 12 grams of fat. 4 of those grams are trans fat. And, let us not overlook the 22 grams of carbohydrates, 10 of which are sugar. That’s the “guilty” aspect. The “pleasure” comes from the fact that they are melt-in-your-mouth delicious! Yummy!

Now, for a real nutritional nightmare: the Steak 'n Shake large chocolate shake. This is basically what I would imagine liquid crack to be in terms of both immediate satisfaction and addictiveness. Check out the scary stats: 859 calories…hello!!! Yes, that’s 859 calories, with 28 grams of fat, 18 of which are saturated, and (sit down and hold on) 137 grams of carbohydrates!!! The nutritional information on their website does not specify grams of sugar. But, other than the milk added to ease the blending, and the partial dairy content of the ice-cream-like “shake base”, I’m guessing it’s almost all sugar. One hundred thirty-seven grams of carbs, that’ll blow your Atkins Diet out of the water! Remember, that's just a large shake, not the rest of the meal pictured!

I think I'll have some fresh fruit and vegetables just to make up for thinking about these guilty pleasures.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Just 200 calories for some Krispy Kreme heaven? Hell, I think I'm gonna hit the drive-through on the way to the office.

6:40 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

And just think, until a few years ago one had to come ALLLLLL the way down here to get them hot now!

9:22 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

Well I'm still all about me some guilty Krystal pleasure. I think I will for lunch today. And maybe a Krispy Kreme for desert!

11:29 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger barista brat said...

i only do krispy kreme if they're being served hot. otherwise, why bother?

11:49 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger KLee said...

Mmmmmm.....chocolate shake!

Damn. Now, I want a chocolate shake. Damn you to hell!

11:50 AM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Hey, All: I was discussing Krispy Kreme with a co-worker. He told me there's a minor-league baseball stadium somewhere (he wasn't sure of the location) that serves a burger in between a Krispy Kreme doughnut!!! Apparently, they cut the doughnut in half, and invert it so that the glazed sides are touching the meat.

Wash that down with an 800+ calorie chocolate shake, and you've got something!!!

12:54 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

They serve those in Atlanta. I'll find the links and send it to you.

4:03 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Hamdog and Luther

4:12 PM, July 28, 2006  
Blogger Dale said...

I want the shake, I don't care what's in it. Long as it's not a hamdog.

10:19 PM, July 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home