Sunday, July 30, 2006

Led Zeppelin, Mel Gibson & Joe Lieberman

Click here for a brilliant (in my HUMBLE opinion) performance.

This is from 1979, and it's a live version of what might be the quintessential Led Zeppelin song, "Ten Years Gone" from the Physical Graffiti LP (1975). No, I'm not officially going on record as having picked a single favorite Zeppelin tune. But, this is up there, for sure. A few thoughts:

  1. Check out the monstrosity that John Paul Jones is playing in this video. It's a triple-necked beast (looks like a 6-string, a 12-string, and a mandolin).
  2. For all his faults, Jimmy Page could play some serious guitar.
  3. Compare the ending of the song "Black" by Pearl Jam to the ending of "Ten Years Gone". Hmmmmm.
  4. I love YouTube and the people who put stuff like this up there.

A brief recap of Mel Gibson's recent misadventure: gets drunk, drives car 87 mph in a 45 mph zone, is pulled over for DUI, resists arrest, and claims among other things, "The Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world."

Attention: Joe Lieberman, want to raise those sagging poll numbers? Challenge Mel Gibson to a fight. I'm talking about a good, old fashioned, bare-knuckle brawl. What have you got to lose?

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

I'd pay to see that match. But I bet Leiberman (that Republican in Dem's sheep clothing) cries. We've seen how Mel visualizes a good ass-whuppin' ...

12:35 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

I think Mel is reprising his Leathal Weapon role.

4:04 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: You're probably correct. Joe seems like a whiner.

OL: The odd/out of control behavior might be a Lethal Weapon reprise. But, the anti-semitism is Mel going way off-script.

Mat: Isn't the internet great? I'm pretty sure I have the DVD you mention. I need to check...

6:17 PM, July 30, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

True. He was quite crazy as well in Lethal Weapon. Any truth to the rumour that he built a church with his profits from "The Passion of Christ"? I think that the life imitates art & vice versa is what is going on. I hate that this happened because I like his acting.

10:31 PM, July 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home