Monday, October 16, 2006

Did Your Favorites Make The List?

Hell, I like lists. I like writing them, reading them, debating them, etc.

Well, here's a peach from 2005: "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die."

1001!!! That's a lot of reading.

Expect more commentary in the near future (I just stumbled upon this).

UPDATE: The list has passed my initial credibility check. Neil Young is fairly well represented: Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, After the Gold Rush, Harvest, On the Beach, Tonight's the Night, Rust Never Sleeps, Ragged Glory, plus Buffalo Springfield – Again and Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà vu

I'd certainly add Zuma and Freedom, at least (probably Sleeps With Angels also). Oh shit, and Live Rust...but, anyway, it's a respectable level of representation.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Hmmm; just four R.E.M. albums.

Am I a wuss if I include Harvest Moon? I love that album, for sentimental reasons ... and it's good.

6:08 PM, October 16, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Mat: I agree in principle that Waylon would seem to be an omission, but am not familiar enough with his individual LPs to make the case. As for the Crue, no self-respecting critic will admit to liking them, which never bodes well for these list scenarios. (Hence, your smiley face)

Beth: Not a wuss at all. I agree that HM is a candidate. But, hell, I wouldn't want to be greedy (wink, wink). 4 albums is WAY too few for REM. I agree with the 4 they picked, but would add Lifes Rich Pageant and Fables of the Reconstruction, at least.

6:38 AM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

If your favorite's can't make this list then your tastes must run towards the bizarre.

This has EVERYTHING.

1:09 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Jeremy said...

They included Megadeth's "Rust in Peace". Thank God I listened to that album before I kick it.

6:55 PM, October 17, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Haahnster, I'm swooning over your Fables mention; that album is so overlooked ... as is New Adventures in Hi-Fi.

1:18 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home