Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The Worst Things That Have Ever Happened To Me, Vol. III

Situation:
It took me 3 weeks to find out about REM's latest DVD.

Date:
October 3, 2006

The Story: REM released a DVD companion to their latest CD retrospective from their years on I.R.S. Records (And I Feel Fine...The Best Of The I.R.S. Years 1982-1987). They released this DVD on the same day as the CD, which was September 12, 2006. I just found out about these releases today, October 3, 2006. This is unacceptable. Luckily, someone posted about it on the Neil Young list I check almost daily. (Yes, mom, I know, “Put it on your Christmas list!” Sorry, no willpower.) I rectified the situation today at lunch by purchasing the DVD (and the 2-disc edition of the CD, and the 2-disc edition of In Time: The Best Of R.E.M. 1988-2003).

I feel better already.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Thank you for not blaming this oversight on me. I feel shame.

7:38 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

You can verify this with Beth. You ever get stuck again, contact Wax n Facts in Atlanta. Their website is on My Space at myspace.com/waxnfacts. My brother knows more about music than anyone in the world(alas!) and he has been running that store for many moons. His site name is Art Van_DeLay. If you can't find it they can.

6:24 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

I need to meet your brother, Old Lady. Probably know him by sight. I've spent many a paycheck in W'n'F.

11:34 AM, October 05, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home