Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Speaking of ZZ Top and Influences...

...we have here Mr. Freddie King (R.I.P.), Texas bluesman extraordinaire. See if you can pick out the possible influence on ZZ Top (among MANY others). I don't think it'll be a stretch. Even if you don't like the blues (perish the thought), this video is worth it for Freddie's shirt collar alone!!!

I think this video helps prove my "3 Kings, a Guy & a Hooker" theory: > 95% of the guitar parts in rock and roll can be traced back to one of the following: B.B. King, Albert King, Freddie King, Buddy Guy, or John Lee Hooker. Anyway, enjoy!


3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

You forgot Bo Didley.

Can't wait to get home and check out the YouTubes!

4:43 PM, December 12, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Truth be told, I would include Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, and Bo Diddley. I just like the ring of "3 Kings, a Guy & a Hooker."

7:06 AM, December 13, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Ahow, how how how!

Smoking !

10:52 AM, December 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home