Tuesday, January 30, 2007

That Idiot Stalled On The Highway Was ME!!!

OK, so it didn't catch on fire. But, my vehicle did overheat this morning, stalling at the end of an exit ramp, about 2 car lengths back from the red light in the right turn lane. I don't know if it's that difficult to distinguish between flashing hazard lights and a right-turn signal, or if people just hadn't had their morning coffee, or both. What I do know is that I was almost plowed into at least 6 times before I could get it restarted. The semi truck that came within 6 inches or so of my rear bumper was the one that finally got me to fling open the driver's side door and jump out. That was a close call.

So, now my car is sitting in the parking deck at work, in the near-zero temperature. It will sit there all day. I will add coolant before I leave for home.

I will pray for survival.

6 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

Did ya make it man?

6:38 AM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Yes, but my vehicle didn't. Stranded by the side of the road, less than 1/2 mile from home. Dead as a doornail. Had to have it towed...being serviced as we speak.

YIKES!

10:28 AM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

What's wrong with your car? Maybe it's time for that Ferrari you've been eyeing. Great family car, they say.

12:28 PM, January 31, 2007  
Blogger Dale said...

You can type while you're being serviced? Cool.

2:00 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger KK said...

Survival is so cool. I hope you made it.

8:14 AM, February 01, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: How's the mileage?

Dale: It was so damned cold out, my 'equipment' was doing its best scared-turtle imitation. "Servicing" was limited to the automobile only.

KK: I'm a big fan of (my own) survival!

10:39 AM, February 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home