Friday, February 02, 2007

For The Record...

I do NOT believe it is racially insensitive for caucasians to drink malt liquor. (I'm partial to Mickey's myself.)

I do NOT believe it is racially insensitive for caucasians to drink malt liquor on or around the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday.

I, however, DO believe it is racially insensitive for caucasians to drink malt liquor on or around the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday while some are wearing "blackface."

In fact, I'll go on record as being against wearing "blackface" in general.

2 Comments:

Blogger haahnster said...

Sorry. Big to-do about a party held at Clemson University.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/local/16611176.htm?source=rss&channel=thestate_local

1:03 AM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger KK said...

Blackface has a place in this world. I'm just not sure where that place may be.

And Clemson is a pretty good choice for it. Or maybe Ole Miss. Or Alabama.

And my softball team regularly has "malt" parties where we go to the grocery store in the hood and fill up a shopping cart with quarts of every brand there - and for the record, that's about 20.

The only gross one is the mint flavored. We have to save it until last or we'll puke too early!

10:10 AM, February 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home