Monday, April 30, 2007

Fracture? [Big-Time SPOILER Content]

Shelly and I treated ourselves to a rare, just-the-two-of-us getaway yesterday (Sunday) afternoon. We saw the movie Fracture. It was enjoyable enough, I suppose. But, here's the problem I had with it:



Am I really supposed to believe that this otherwise brilliant guy wouldn't have realized that double jeopardy wouldn't apply once the wife was dead (and "attempted murder" became "murder")? Really?!? I know more than the average guy about business law (had to learn it to pass the CPA Exam). But, all I know about criminal law has been learned through episodes of the various Law & Order shows, and even I figured that one out.

Oh, well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Stupid screenwriters. They should have hired Write Procrastinator.

Thanks for the spoiler; I'll wait for the cable viewing.

4:45 PM, April 30, 2007  
Blogger Old Lady said...

I'm with Beth!

12:02 PM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger Old Lady said...

By the way, Happy F*cking Belated Birthday!

12:22 PM, May 01, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: WP should have you as an agent.

OL: Thanks.

8:42 AM, May 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home