Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Random Thoughts As I Scan My Blog

First of all, I can’t seem to get the song “Shattered” (by the Rolling Stones) out of my head, especially the lines, “Go ahead. Bite the Big Apple. Don’t mind the maggots.” Odd, isn’t it?

Secondly, I realize that I have not weighed in on the whole Foley situation. Here’s my take: Axel Foley still rocks. Mark Foley is a piece of shit. And, isn't it interesting to hear the Foley-defenders blame the victims, or permissive attitudes in the modern culture, or anything else at which they can grasp desperately? Let me clarify: the guy is a sick fuck. Shoot him in the head, lock him up, or send him for treatment. But, don't try to trivialize his actions by saying that the pages "egged him on." PS - In Hastert's defense, he only waited to make a move because he assumed Dateline NBC would get Foley on one of their "To Catch a Predator" episodes.

Interesting twist these school shootings have taken, wouldn’t you say? Now, it’s disturbed adults entering schools to shoot up the place, and then themselves. And, an Amish schoolhouse? A fucking AMISH schoolhouse? Are you fucking kidding me?!!!

Oh, and holy shit, I almost forgot! There’s going to be a movie out soon, directed by Martin Scorsese, and featuring Jack Nicholson, Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, and Martin Sheen. I think I even saw Alec Baldwin’s name mentioned. This should be kick-ass to the nth degree, my friends. The Departed, watch for it.

I’ve been listening to Ziggy Stardust quite a bit. I’ll probably post on that soon. Have a great day.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Don't get me started on Mark "What Excuse Can I Use Today" Foley. What a fuck-ass.

Can't wait for The Departed!

Now I'm singing "Shattered" ... and eagerly awaiting your Ziggy Stardust post.

7:36 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

I wonder if Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars ever tried to molest thier pages?

11:48 AM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Beth: It's such a great album! I'm loving it again after many years.

KK: I'd say it's a given that they did!

1:22 PM, October 04, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

You left out Foley artists.

9:29 PM, October 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home