Thursday, January 04, 2007

What Would Touchdown Jesus Do?

Notre Dame SUCKS! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

In other news, my cousin sent me a "Top 100 Albums" list from the Loop (97.9 FM in Chicago)...most of it looks like my regular album-listening rotation in 8th grade (1983-4).

I'm sure it's a bit on the cro-magnon side for all you discerning and erudite music critics. But, I'll admit I still have more than a little neanderthal in my genes, so...

Zeppelin's 4th LP as the #1 album of all-time? What else would you expect from a hard rock/classic rock station? I say, "rock on." I'll reprint the Top 25 below, mainly because I think the inclusion of #25, way down at that position, is hilarious in and of itself:

1. Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin IV
2. Pink Floyd Dark Side Of The Moon
3. AC/DC Back In Black
4. Guns n' Roses Appetite For Destruction
5. Pink Floyd The Wall
6. Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin II
7. Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin I
8. Metallica Black Album
9. Rush 2112
10. Aerosmith Toys In The Attic
11. Led Zeppelin Physical Graffiti
12. AC/DC Highway To Hell
13. Van Halen Van Halen
14. Eagles Hotel California
15. Pearl Jam Ten
16. The Who Who's Next
17. Led Zeppelin Houses Of The Holy
18. Boston Boston
19. Black Sabbath Paranoid
20. Led Zeppelin Led Zeppelin III
21. Bon Jovi Slippery When Wet
22. Jimi Hendrix Are You Experienced
23. Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here
24. UFO Lights Out
25. Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The inclusion of Sgt Pepper's at #25 just means that people felt obligated to include something by The Beatles somewhere. The "White Album" or Abbey Road, or even Revolver would've been a much more comfortable fit on this list* (and they're better anyway). Also, if I could vote 1 and only 1 of the above "off the island," so to speak, it would be the Jon-Jon Bovi...BUT, I'd be a little pissed that the Eagles were still there. The only one I haven't heard in its entirety is the UFO album. And, I haven't heard ANY of it (as far as I'm aware). Ahhhhh, to be 13 or 14 again, when I could actually enjoy the Boston and 2112 albums guilt-free!

One question, though...where the f*ck is Sticky Fingers?!?**

* Note: Those other 3 albums by The Beatles appear in the 26-50 range.

** The answer is that it's NOWHERE in the Top 100!!! Let It Bleed is at #73, with It's Only Rock 'N Roll at 89, and Some Girls at 94.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

This is a little Neanderthal for me, but there are some good albums on there. But, f*ck, how can you include The Eagles (*yawn*) and not one Stones album? That blows. I agree with your Beatles thoughts, too. I'd slash Rush (I am, after all, a chick) and Bon Jovi.

6:59 PM, January 04, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stones are on there, but not until #73 with Let It Bleed. It's Only Rock & Roll and Some Girls further down the list.

But seriously, waaaay too Junior High for me.

'cept when I was in Junior High I was listening to Bowie, The Stones, The Doors (and okay...Cat Stevens too. Got me. It's a girl thing, I'm sure).

8:30 PM, January 04, 2007  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Highway to Hell should be #1! Ahahahahahahaha!-I enjoy a good cranking up of AC/DC! Woo!

7:02 AM, January 05, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home