Wednesday, March 14, 2007

R.E.M. Inducted Into RnR HoF

Of course, Ms. Coffey was there! So, for the rest of us, check out the replays here. Eddie Vedder did a fine job with the induction speech (not sure why anyone would think he wouldn't--he's always shown a great admiration for those who preceded/influenced him).

The performances were pretty decent, especially as these ceremonial things go.

"Gardening at Night" was really good. And, I loved the vocal trade-offs between Michael Stipe and Eddie Vedder during "Man on the Moon." But, the performance of the night was almost certainly Patti Smith's absolute belting out of "Gimme Shelter." WOW!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Cup said...

Sadly, I was there only via VH1 Classic's live broadcast ... although I know someone who was there, and Said Someone said it was the best night evah!

Didn't Patti rock the house? Her entire set was perfect. "Because the Night" and "Rock & Roll Nigger" were dead on.

10:50 AM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Oops! Sorry. I must've "jumped to conclusions" (You see, there would be this mat with a series of conclusions on it that you could jump to...)

Well, I'm leaving my post as-is, because, dammit, you SHOULD have been there (you know, if they went by who was the biggest fan).

12:20 PM, March 14, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

Yes, g*ddamit, I SHOULD have been there. Tix, however, were $2K/person ... and I couldn't see myself fasting through May.

I was on the JV conclusion mat team in high school, BTW.

4:21 PM, March 14, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home