Monday, November 20, 2006

Bow To Your Master

Check out this b**tleg I recently acquired by trade. Beth, where were you on 4th of July 1970? I only ask because, apparently, a crowd of folks in the Atlanta area were having their brains scrambled by one Jimi Hendrix.

This is a pristine soundboard recording...INCREDIBLE. Jimi was absolutely on fire. I'm not talking about that attention-grabbing, lighting-his-guitar-on-fire stunt at the Monterey Pop Festival in '67. I'm talking about scorching the strings of his guitar with his fingers. I'm talking about launching a sonic assault the likes of which are difficult (read: impossible) to describe with written words.

01. Fire 02. Lover Man 03. Spanish Castle Magic 04. Red House 05. Room Full Of Mirrors 06. Hear My Train A Comin'
07. Message To Love 08. All Along The Watchtower 09. Freedom 10. Foxey Lady 11. Purple Haze 12. Hey Joe 13. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) 14. Stone Free 15. The Star Spangled Banner
16. Straight Ahead 17. Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)

5 Comments:

Blogger Old Lady said...

With pleasure!

6:27 AM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

OL: Well, I think we just need to get you a copy then. Feel free to reply with an email address, to which I will respond, thus enabling you to provide me a mailing address to which I will send a copy of this. Simple.

8:52 AM, November 21, 2006  
Blogger haahnster said...

Mat: I probably won't be at the usual Thanksgiving festivities, but no problem...it'll be a Christmas stocking stuffer for you!

1:24 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

Where did you find this lovely b**t?

I was eleven on that blistering July 4th holiday, so I probably spent the day splashing around the neighborhood pool with my siblings and my two best friends ... playing Marco Polo in the deep end ... listeing to "ABC" and "Love on a Two-way Street" and "Rainy Night in Georgia" and "Turn Bank the Hands of Time" (man, I love that golden era of R&B) ... oblivious to the history being made twenty miles down the road. A friend's husband worked the soundboard that day; he's already wearing hearing aids, but he has some kick-ass memories of that day.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the lovely Haahnster ladies!

1:50 PM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Old Lady said...

Ooo Sun after 4 days of clouds and bitter rain! Yea! I'm cooking toikey right now-tlarsgard@msn.com. Thanks!

9:54 AM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home