Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Movie Meme (aka "I've Been Tagged")

Courtesy of Write Procrastinator:

1. Popcorn or candy?

I've always liked both. Popcorn is an essential component of my movie-going experience, and I'm partial to Milk Duds, as well.

2. Name a movie you've been meaning to see forever.

The Departed is a great answer. I blogged about it right before it was released, and now it appears I'll be waiting for video...damned shame.

3. You are given the power to recall one Oscar: Who loses theirs and to whom?

Rod Steiger loses his Best Actor for In The Heat Of The Night. Nothing against him, but Paul Newman HAD to get it for Cool Hand Luke. Unforgivable.

4. Steal one costume from a movie for your wardrobe.

"I'm Batman."

5. Your favorite film franchise is....

Are "Kevin Smith movies" a franchise? What about "Coen Brothers movies"?.

6. Invite five movie people over for dinner. Who are they? Why'd you invite them? What do you feed them?

Fictional characters would be fun to dine with, say Hannibal Lecter, Keyser Soze, Marge Gunderson, Alex de Large, and Linda Barrett. Hannibal would be the easiest to feed. The rest of us would have pizza and wings.

7. What is the appropriate punishment for people who answer cell phones in the movie theater?

Tarred and feathered...or ranted at by Michael Richards (I'm guessing he has a good rant for any race or ethnicity required).

8. Choose a female bodyguard: Ripley from Aliens. Mystique from X-Men. Sarah Connor from Terminator 2. The Bride from Kill Bill. Mace from Strange Days.

Gotta be Ripley. Sarah Connor is a close second, followed by Geena Davis's character from The Long Kiss Goodnight.

9. What's the scariest thing you've ever seen in a movie?

"Now, let's you just drop them pants." -- Mountain Man from Deliverance

10. Your favorite genre (excluding "comedy" and "drama") is....

Are "Kevin Smith movies" a genre? What about "Coen Brothers movies"?

11. You are given the power to greenlight movies at a major studio for one year. How do you wield this power?

White Chicks 2. (Just kidding. I never saw White Chicks. So, I'd be lost.)

12. Bonnie or Clyde?

Bonnie was hot.

13. Who am I tagging to answer this survey?

I'm cool with being tagged. But, I lack the requisite confidence to tag anyone else. Feel free to volunteer replies in the Comments section, however.

5 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Hey Haahnster, I picked Batman too! But with a special request. Between Write Procrasinator, Katie Schwartz and the rest of the world, the tag's taking care of itself.

5:54 PM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger KK said...

But Robin's Cod-piece was bigger...

8:41 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

I almost listed Kevin Smith's Jersey trilogy for favorite film franchise, but I had to go with The Evil dead trilogy; glad you got Kev covered.

8:46 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"Rod Steiger loses his Best Actor for In The Heat Of The Night. Nothing against him, but Paul Newman HAD to get it for Cool Hand Luke. Unforgivable."

What do they call you, boy?

They call me Mr. Haahnster!

Wow, good point. The performance of a lifetime, versus a decent foil for Poiter.

Um, just don't let Hannibal cook.

"Tarred and feathered...or ranted at by Michael Richards"

Naw, you've already got the Milk Duds. Just pelt them.

Great meme, Batman.

10:02 AM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Cup said...

BTW, I like thinking of you at work in your "I'm Batman" suit. Nobody uttered those words better than Michael Keaton, IMHO. Except for Adam West, of course ...

12:06 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home