Friday, January 05, 2007

Who The Heck Is "My Chemical Romance" (?)

I'm officially an "old fuddy duddy," as I have no idea who these people are that my kid is listening to (darn kids these days). Alexis wants to download a group called "My Chemical Romance" to her iPod, specifically songs from their CD called The Black Parade.

Also, I have received precious little response to my request for vasectomy information. Are you really going to make me research this on my own?!? C'mon, people.

I felt like I missed the boat somewhat by not posting some sort of a James Brown (R.I.P.) tribute. But, then I reminded myself that he was a shameless wifebeater, and I felt better. Actually, I'm not sure if that's true. But, for some reason, it rings a bell. Plus, I'm always one to piss on someone's grave, even while it's still freshly buried.

Speaking of pissing on graves...Gerald Ford, the 1st President I somewhat vaguely remember being in office (I was 6 when Carter beat him), is dead. I have no emotional reaction whatsoever. I wonder if Ford had a vasectomy. That would be cool to know...which U.S. Presidents have been snipped?

7 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

What's the pay for being the Haahnster research assistant? I'll consider it but only for the right perks.

7:45 AM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Old Lady said...

I think they take huge rusty garden shears & just snip the factory off!

It's a very delicate operation, performed in day surgery and you are awake. They open up the scrotum and seal off the vas deferens and sew you back up. Easy peasy. There is a chance of the vas deferens growing back together. Maybe they have advanced more in guarantees the tubes not growing back. Get a male urologist. I have found that doctors tend to be very considerate of the male's reproductive organs and will bend over backwards to make sure that all remains pretty and operational. My understanding is the ejaculate remains, it just does not contain sperm.

Now for your daughter's music choices you will have to listen to the music and then you will be up to date on all the new names!

9:18 AM, January 06, 2007  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"But, then I reminded myself that he was a shameless wifebeater, and I felt better."

But damn, he could drive a truck at some cops, couldn't he?

I'd tell you about the vasect-whoitz, but my father never wanted to talk about his and I never really wanted details.

1:09 AM, January 07, 2007  
Blogger haahnster said...

Dale: I treat all my interns much as Bill Clinton treated Monica.

OL: That's GREAT info! Thanks.

WP: "But damn, he could drive a truck at some cops, couldn't he?"

And, he could look like a Thundercat in his mugshot!

9:15 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Cup said...

Sorry, Haahnster, but I haven't had to deal with a vasectomy. Nor My Chemical Romance. But they sound as if they'd be related.

There was a recent editorial in our paper about James Brown not being a great guy; I'll dig it up and send you the link.

9:49 AM, January 08, 2007  
Blogger Dale said...

I laughed 'hard' at Old Lady's bend over backwards comment. What colour should I wear Haahnster. Creep! haha.

8:29 PM, January 09, 2007  
Blogger Writeprocrastinator said...

"And, he could look like a Thundercat in his mugshot!"

Damn, he did look like Lion-o, or vice-versa.

10:36 PM, January 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home